ALLIANCE CAREER CENTRE
530 North Lincoln Avenue
Alliance, OH 44601
Chad Henderson, Director
Hours of Operation: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(Receptionist Available Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
GED PROCESS BEGINNING 2014
1. You must have a valid email address. If you do not have an existing email address, a Gmail email account can be set up for free. To set up a Gmail email account, click on this link: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
2. Your must set up an ODE (Ohio Department of Education) SAFE Account. This requires that you have a valid email address and requires that you enter your driver’s license number. If you do not have a valid State of Ohio driver’s license number, the SAFE account site will direct you to get in touch with ODE via phone to proceed with setting up a SAFE account. Please follow their directions. Click on this link: https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal
3. Create a free MyGED account. This link will take you there. https://ged.com/
At My GED the 2014 student experience begins with MyGED at GED.com, a start-to-finish tool that gives students everything they need to prepare for the test, perform well on the test, and progress to good jobs with good wages after the test.
4. Explore your options on MyGED.com with the how-to guide at this link http://www.gedtestingservice.com/uploads/files/53ce363dfa27d3efab66a40c2c8a9d1e.pdf
Students can go to MyGED.com to:
· Create a free MyGED account
· Start studying
· Take GED Ready: The Official Practice Test
· Schedule their test
· Learn about jobs and college options
5. If you would like additional help preparing for the GED test, please follow the instructions below:
FREE GED CLASSES
GED Class Orientation and Registration
Orientation is required PRIOR to taking GED classes. Orientation is held at the Alliance Career Centre in Room 28. Orientation sessions are held every Thursday at 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
If you have questions, please call Lori Oliver at 330-456-9590 or 330-829-2267.
GED & Pre-GED Classes
Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Classes are held in an open-lab format in 2 computer labs at the Alliance Career Centre. ACC located at 530 N. Lincoln has two computer labs available for use by individuals either enrolled or not enrolled in our GED classes. Both labs can be used to take practice exams. These labs are not proctored unless being utilized by an instructor that is using the labs as part of an existing class. Individuals should be prepared with everything they need to login to their MyGED account. The labs have first-come, first-serve availability during the facilities’ open hours. Students are required to check in with an ACC staff member when arriving at the school. MyGED practice exams are also utilized in the GED open lab times.
If Alliance City Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the Alliance Career Centre is also closed.
6. If you would like career counseling, please contact Gayle Fiegenschuh at the Alliance Career Centre by calling 330-829-2267. Ms. Fiegenschuh maintains daytime and evening office hours; Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and Thursday 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. She will also meet with students by appointment. Career information can also be located by clicking on the links below.
· OhioMeansJobs: http://ohiomeansjobs.com/omj/
· O*Net Career Pathways: http://www.mynextmove.org/explore/ip
· Ohio Department of Education: http://www.education.ohio.gov
· Ohio Board of Regents: http://www.ohiohighered.org
7. Financial Aide information for continued education upon passage of you GED can be obtained by contacting Robin McHenry, Alliance Career Centre, Financial Aide Administrator. Please contact her office at 330-821-2102 to schedule an appointment.
8. When you believe that you are ready to take the test, if you would like a voucher coupon to reduce the cost of the GED test from $120 to $40, please contact Donna Fraser at Alliance City Schools Administrative Office at 200 Glamorgan Street, Alliance, Ohio or by phone at 330-921-2100, Extension 1238, or via email at email@example.com.
9. Schedule and pay for your test with a credit or debit card on MyGED.com. Instructions on how to do this are at the link below. If you have obtained a coupon voucher number, please be sure to use that number to receive the reduced price for your test. http://www.gedtestingservice.com/uploads/files/952cfe928aaf2bb4949578ce6438b3e1.pdf
10. Take your GED test at the assigned time and location. Please arrive at the scheduled test time and location promptly!
11. Get your score. Instructions on how to see your score are at the link below. http://www.gedtestingservice.com/uploads/files/07aa9adc732c8b29b42b83550471ccfb.pdf
12. If you fail any portion of your GED test, contact MyGED.com to receive additional coupons toward re-takes of portions of the test up two times for $10 each. See this link for instructions on how to proceed to obtain this discount:
Click on “Test Policies” and see paragraph entitled “How do my students schedule their discounted retakes?”
WE WISH YOU SUCCESS! Please let us know if there is any other way that we can serve you.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND LINKS
ALLIANCE CAREER CENTRE Course Catalog - http://www.accrtw.org/catalog/acccatalog13-14.pdf
ROBERT T. WHITE SCHOOL OF NURSING Course Catalog – http://www.accrtw.org/rtw/
GEDTS Portal Process for First Time GED Test Takers - http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/Career-Tech/GED-CTPD/GED-Reimbursement-Process/GEDTS-Portal-Process-for-First-Time-GED-Test-Takers.pdf.aspx
Alliance Career Centre provides the opportunity for lifelong learners through dynamic relevant curriculum that encompasses advanced technology, rigorous academics, certifications, licenses and credentialing. We promote the advancement towards a better quality of life through accessibility, a supportive environment, diversity and community and business partnerships.